Role of RVNL
RVNL is assigned the following functions:
- Arranging financial resources for the Projects. For this purpose, the RVNL would be authorized to approach the Financial Institutions, Banks, Domestic Market and the Bilateral and Multilateral Funding Agencies
- Undertaking project development and execution of works.
- Creating Project specific SPVs for individual works, if required
- Commercialization of projects wherever considered necessary and feasible
- The concerned Zonal Railways will undertake the operation and maintenance of the Railway Projects on completion of their execution by the RVNL under a specific financial arrangement
- For providing a revenue stream to RVNL, the projects may be done by RVNL on BOT concept, where Ministry of Railways is to pay Access Charge/User Charge