INVITATION FOR BIDS
Bid Notice No. RVNL/BRC/BSD/SAZ/TW SHED/2012/R1 Date:27-07-2012
1. RAIL VIKAS NIGAM LIMITED (RVNL), a Special Purpose Vehicle Company under the Companies Act, 1956, established by the Ministry of Railways, Govt. of India. Rail Vikas Nigam Limited (hereinafter referred to as ‘Employer’), invites bids for the work of Construction of tower wagon shed at Samni and other misc. works in connection with Bharuch – Samni – Dahej G. C. work” in Vadodara division of Western Railway.
2. Approx. Estimated Cost of Project : Rs. 38.85 lakhs
Bid Security : Rs. 78,000 (Seventy Eight Thousand).
Period of Completion : 3 Months + 3 Months defect liability period
Cost of Bidding Document : Rs. 2,000/-
3. Bidders are advised to note the eligibility and minimum qualification criteria specified in the Instruction to Bidders and Section 3 “ Evaluation and Qualification Criteria” of bid document.
4. Bidding documents: The interested Bidders may purchase the bidding documents from the address in Sr. No. 9 below between 10:00 hrs and 17:00 hrs on all working days from 31.07.2012 to 29.08.2012 on payment of non-refundable cost of Rs. 2000/- (Rupees Two Thousand only) by a crossed Demand Draft on any Scheduled bank payable at Mumbai drawn in favor of Rail Vikas Nigam Limited. Bidding documents requested by Post will be dispatched by registered speed post/courier on payment of an extra amount of Rs.500/- (Rupees Five Hundred only). Rail Vikas Nigam Limited will not be held responsible for the postal delay if any, in the delivery of the documents or non-receipt of the same.
5. Bids must be accompanied by a bid security of Rs. 78000/- (Rupees Seventy Eight Thousand Only) in any one of the forms as specified in the bidding documents and shall have to be valid for 45 days beyond the validity of the bid.
6. Bidding Documents can also be downloaded from RVNL website www.rvnl.org from 27.07.2012 and the bids can be submitted on the downloaded document along with a separate demand draft towards the cost of bidding documents at the time of tendering in a separate envelope marked “cost of Bidding Documents” failing which the offer will be summarily rejected.
Please note that if any drawings are referred in the bid document, the cost of such drawings shall be inclusive in the cost of bidding documents. For viewing the drawings and to have a copy of the same, the tenderer can contact this office on any working day. It will be the responsibility of the bidder who is submitting the bid on downloaded bidding documents to check and see any addendum/Corrigendum issued in this regard from the website from time to time and ensure submission of bid along with all addendum/Corrigendum.”
7. Purchase Preference is not applicable.
8. Date of Receipt and opening of Bids: The completed Bids must be delivered to the address below not later than 11.00 hrs on 30.08.2012 and the same shall be opened at 11:30 hrs on the same day in the presence of Bidders who choose to be present. RVNL will not be responsible for any delay in receiving the Bidding documents by the Bidder or receipt of Bids by RVNL.
9. Address for Communication: Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from the following address:
Chief Project Manager(M),
Rail Vikas Nigam Limited,
304-305, Rubellite Building,
32- Ajitnagar Society,
Near Urmi crossing,
Pin Code - 390020
Tel/Fax : (0265) 2321340